Babies are bewitched with their intense motor skills. The ability to roll, sit and now stand vastly amuses them. If there’s a creation that allows them to practice these skills on their own, I’m going to devise it.
The (what I call) mini ballerina bar has been the utopian addition to the playroom. It encourages him to pull himself up from a seated position and walk himself along the bar. I attached a few toys to the bar to keep him entertained and intrigued, and my how it works!
Items to create this devise can be found at Home Depot
What You’ll Need:
– Two Stairwell Wall Brackets
– Wood Dowel
– Level- Stud Finder
– “ring type” toys
1) Slide the toys of your choice onto the Wood Dowel
2) Attach the Wood Dowel to the Stairwell Wall Brackets
3) Use stud finder to locate the exact place to hang your bar. (This is important, remember your baby will be putting a lot of weight on the bar). I also used my baby as a reference to the height of the ballerina bar. You want him to be able to reach it while sitting.
4) Use your level to attach the wall brackets to the wall. Make sure you check the level on each end of the bar opposed to just the middle.
5) Tadda! Enjoy the show.